NKRCC November minute of meeting

North Kincardine Rural Community Council

Draft Minutes of meeting on Monday 21 November 2016 at 7.30pm

Lairhillock School, Aberdeenshire

HIF chaired the meeting. There were 24 members of the public present.

 

Present

Henry Irvine-Fortescue (HIF) Vice Chair

Bob McKinney, Treasurer

Susan Astell (SA)

Avril Tulloch,

Laureen Canessa,

Sharon Park

Councillors Alison Evison, Carl Nelson, Iain Mollison, Aberdeenshire Council

 

  1. Apologies

Colin Pike

 

  1. Minutes of previous meeting

September 19- Proposed SA, Seconded LC

October 19 – Proposed SA Seconded HIF

 

  1. Police Report

No report submitted this month

 

  1. Matters Arising

HIF advised the meeting that he followed up the matter of large HGV’s using the local roads, but had received no reply.

 

  1. Caleycom Presentation re Broadband

G Porteous of Caleycom gave a short presentation on the level of broadband coverage in the area. The system used by his company is very flexible and competitive.

 

  1. Roads – Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route

6.1 HIF advised that the delivery of the concrete beams had gone according to plan.

6.2 HIF had attended a meeting with SEPA who explained that 3 members of SEPA have been working on AWPR matters recently. They have agreed progress towards a “Winter Ready Report” and once more rain arrives, it will be seen if the preparations are adequate.

6.3 MoP’s complained about the lack of signage and the difficulties in Banchory Devenick. The area around the Crossroads is now isolated and difficult to get to. All complaints should be referred to Bob Gray. It seems there is a lack of communication between the Council and the CJV with resulting concurrence of road closures.

Cllr IM confirmed that the responsibility lies with the council and MoP with concerns should raise this with the appropriate people in the council.

Action HIF to contact Bob Gray

6.4 MoP raised concerns about safety issues at SUDS ponds and whose responsibility it was to fence these off especially wrt children’s safety. He had already written to the CJV.

 

  1. Schools

Christmas Fair at Lairhillock School on Saturday 26 November

End of term carol service is to be held in the school as Maryculter Church is being refurbished. To take place on the last day of term Wed 21st December, and Banchory Devenick school will be joining them.

 

  1. Website and Media

Nothing to report.

 

 

  1. Planning

Bridge of Muchalls Single Wind Turbine – Objection to be submitted.

 

Blairs – change of use of garden ground – Action – HIF to investigate

 

Gillybrands – Industrial units.                                    Action – HIF to speak to CP

 

  1. Finance

Bob McKinney explained that it is proving difficult for the bank to amend the signatories, but he is pursuing this. Although he has not received bank statements recently, we have funds available of over £1,000, after funds earmarked for 400 Club prizes and £500 set aside for Maryculter Youth Cafe.

October draw – £20 – No.66; £15 – No. 271;

November draw – £30 – No. 150; £20 – No. 50; £15 – No. 259 and £10 – No. 350

 

A brief discussion ensued about the 400 Club. It was agreed to change the year end of the club, to align it with the AGM, and this would mean collection of monies for tickets in the summer months. To be decided at the next meeting

(Or did we decide there and then to change it?? HIF)

 

No applications for funding awards had been received.

 

  1. Correspondence

Nothing to report

 

  1. AOCB

 

11.1 LC went to the Meikle Carewe meeting and reported back. Of 21 applications for funding, 12 were approved.

 

11.2 Broadband meeting to take place on Monday 28th at 7.30pm in the Corbie Hall.

 

11.3 Cllr IM advised the meeting that if Community Councillors were absent from 3 meetings in a row, without submitting a note to intimate a leave of absence, then they could not longer be counted as part of the Council.

 

11.4 Maryculter Woodland Trust had a successful planting day on 12th November. The AGM was on 24 November.

 

11.5 The City Council have cleared the debris from Storm Frank round the southern abutment of the Maryculter Bridge.

 

  1. Next meeting

This is on Monday 12 December at the Lairhillock School at 7.30pm

 

The meeting finished at 21.30pm.

 

View previous minutes here.