Draft August minutes have been published

 

Minutes

For the meeting held on Monday 21st August at 7.30pm at Lairhillock Primary School, Netherley, Aberdeenshire.
SUBJECT TO APPROVAL
Present
Henry Irvine-Fortescue (HIF) Chair

Susan Astell (SA)

Laureen Canessa (LC)

Mandi Dorward (MD) Secretary

Rod Farquhar (RF)

Avril Tulloch (AT)

Councillor Alison Evison, Aberdeenshire Council (AE)

Councillor Ian Mollison, Aberdeenshire Council (IM)

Councillor Colin Pike, Aberdeenshire Council (CP)

6 members of the public attended

1 Welcome and Introductions

HIF welcomed all to the meeting and said a word of thanks to Victoria Keith for opening the school to accommodate the meeting.

   
2 Apologies

Bob McKinney (BM), Sharon Park (SP), Lynne Beard and PC Greer

3 Police Report

No Police Report available

The Kincardine and Mearns Community Policing team, have a dedicated email address, which you can forward your concerns onto for an officer’s attention. Please get in touch by emailing us at StonehavenLowerDeesideCPT@Scotland.pnn.police.uk

 

 

4 Previous Minutes

Minutes of the ordinary meeting in June were proposed by LC and seconded by AT

Note: date for next meeting amended to 21.08.2017

 

Matters outstanding:

  • Website: Minutes & Agenda were delayed for uploading as there were server issues during the summer break. Both are now available online.

 

  • Roads: Awaiting response from Bob Gray with regards to making the temporary speed limit on the stretch of road at the South Deeside Road/ Milltimber Bridge junction, to be made permanent. The current 30mph would be preferred however 40mph would be acceptable. Action – HIF to pursue

 

  • Roads: AWPR still not releasing map of “Haul roads”. Further request was submitted to John Wilson. Action – HIF to pursue

 

   
5 Matters Arising

Schools

The summer break is over and the children return to school Tuesday 22nd August.

  • Lairhillock Primary School – Christine (HeadTeacher) went to Ghana during the summer vacation, to visit Juliet Johnstone School. All fundraising this year will be for this school. Christine would be delighted to update us on fundraising throughout the school year.
  • Lairhilock Primary School – New teacher for P4/5 is Mrs Elizabeth Havens and new job share for Friday is Mrs Susan Cantlay.
  • Role count tbc – Action – AT

 

Please visit both school websites for further information

Lairhillock.aberdeenshire.sch.uk & Banchory-devenick.aberdeenshire.sch.uk

 

Website, Facebook & Media

The website will be worked on later this week, ensuring all relevant documentation is updated, including the list of the NRCC members.

 

Roads

  • The completion date for AWPR still officially stands at 2017/2018. It is thought that the landscaping will not be completed until mid/late 2018.
  • The AWPR team have been attending NKRCC meetings on a 3 or 4 monthly basis. There was a discussion as to whether it would benefit the local community to invite them back, but on balance it was decided not to request another meeting in the next few months.
  • The temporary signs on a majority of local diversions are incorrect and some are deemed dangerous, as they are obstructing the view of oncoming traffic.
  • Work will begin of the B979/B9077 junction on the 4th of September. Realigning the kerbs, carrying out edge strengthening, repositioning the gullies and a relay surface replacement of asphalt. 3 way lights will be in use for the prep works, however, the main works will require a complete road closure.
  • A suggestion was made that on completion of the AWPR we gather our learnings and observations to submit to Duncan and the AWPR team.

 

Broadband

  • Mr Witte confirmed that a number of green cabinets have been placed within the Corbie/Templars/Cookney community by KN Services. The fibres have been installed and await connectivity.
  • Nothing is happening in the Netherley area yet.
   
6 Planning

There is a new app available to download to view recent applications:

You can view and use the online, interactive Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan 2017 at: Aberdeen Online Local Development Plan http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/LDP

 

The following advertised planning applications were met with no objections from the meeting.

 

APP/2017/1948

Date Validated 31 July 2017

 

Site Address: Land At Drambeel Lodge, Durris, Banchory , Aberdeenshire, AB31 6EB

Planning Permission in Principle for Erection of Dwellinghouse

APP/2017/1829

Date Validated 27 July 2017

 

Site Address: Land Adjacent To, Fordsdale, Cockley Farm, Maryculter, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, AB12 5GP

Full Planning Permission for Erection of Hay and Tack Store (Private Use)

APP/2017/1632

Date Validated 17 July 2017

 

Site Address: Burnside Of Newhall, Newtonhill, Aberdeenshire, AB39 3SH

Full Planning Permission for Alterations and Extension to Dwellinghouse

APP/2017/1698

Date Validated 5 July 2017

 

Site Address: Cookney Lodge, Netherley, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, AB39 3SA

Full Planning Permission for Erection of Log Cabin for Home Office

APP/2017/2065

Date Validated 9 August 2017

 

Site Address: Polston Farm, Land Adjacent To Mill Of Crynoch House, Maryculter, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire

Prior Notification for Prior Approval for the Erection of an Agricultural Building (Prior Notification APP/2017/1728)

APP/2017/1823

Date Validated 14 July 2017

 

Site Address: Retirement Village, Chapelton Of Elsick, Newtonhill

 

Advertisement Consent for Erection of 6 Flag Poles and 1 Post-Mounted Sign

  In addition to the above, RF advised that APP/2017/0691, New house and biomass business at Cookney, which KRCC wrote a letter of objection for, is to be discussed at the Planning meeting on 22nd August.

 

 

   
7 Finance & 400 Club

 

  • 400 Club – delayed again due to lack of cheques
  • 400 Club to be replaced by lottery. Hazel Witte printing additional tickets. All tickets sold/spreadsheets should be returned to BM by Monday 18th September when the winning numbers for August/September will be announced.
   
8 Correspondence & Licensing Applications

 

  • Minutes of Community Council Working Group (15.06.2017) information only
  • Child Protection Course organised by Phil Bishop-Mills as the new document, Establishment of Community Council, allows 14/15 years olds to join CC. LC & MD to participate Action – MD to respond
  • Event invitation to Scottish Resilient Communities Conference 27th October in Cambuslang : No further action required
  • Scottish Government Climate Challenge Fund. CCF Development Grants (awarded monthly), to be discussed during September meeting Action – MD to circulate
  • Costings for noticeboard at Lairhillock School : £895 + £55 delivery + £120 installation : Apply to Kincardine & Mearns Area Committee Budget – possible 50%

Action – CP/HIF/BM to discuss

  • Contact required for liaison with Aberdeenshire Council on the provision of sandbags in case of flooding. HIF volunteered. Action – MD to respond & advise
  • Cycling Development Officer offers free training and insurance for cycle clubs Action – HIF to forward to Iain Morrison
  • Community Council Event 9am, 30th September at Woodhill House : Action – MD to circulate and respond on NKRCC behalf
  • Visit by Piers Blaxter/Alison Hogg arranged for November meeting (30/40 minutes approx) to discuss Place Standards and/or Community Action Plans for our area and the next Local Development Plan

 

 

 

   
9 AOCB

·       CP is to chair committee on Sustainability for Aberdeenshire Council – more info to follow.

·       New edition of South Deeside View will be going to print on the 11th September to be distributed later that week.

·       Craigneil Windfarm – Sub-committee to include HF,RF and BM.

·       Neighbourhood Watch – Invitation to Brian Cornell to speak at a meeting to discuss/re-connect our areas with others and advise on threat & alert structure.

   
   
   
10 Next Meeting: Monday 18th September at 7.30pm at Lairhillock Primary School, Netherley – all welcome
   
   

The meeting drew to a close at 9.00pm